Thursday, May 24, 2012

3. Designing Instruction

My lesson plan is organized such that first we talk about the different habitats that animals live in, and the characteristics of each habitat. I then go through each type of physical adaptation with an example animal that uses that type of adaptation to survive. I tell the students where the animal lives and using the information from the habitats I then ask the students how that adaptation helps them survive in their habitat. The lesson then takes us through a set of review questions.

Throughout my lesson I will use Whole brain teaching strategies to help students to process the information more fully and to discuss it with their partners. Here are some YouTube videos to watch so you get a better idea of what they are. Whole Brain teaching: The basics or Whole Brain teaching: Kindergarten (Expanded!)
With the whole brain teaching strategies, I am hoping that it will give them multiple times to process the information and to then explain it.

Everything within my powerpoint and that I use, has been properly cited and referenced.

I realize that I haven't properly aligned my lesson with research based methods on integrating technology. My lesson needs to be more hands on and interactive. I should create it so the students do the research on an animal and they identify what adaptations it uses. I could have created Electronic Safaris that the students go through and find information on an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment