Sunday, July 28, 2013

Going to Start Using This!

Wow! I totally forgot that I had this. Silly really since I made it within the last year...I think. Reading other educator's blogs and reading comments, I realized that I really wanted to become more of this community since I hope to be an educator. Currently I'm in Irving, Texas. Finished my student teaching but no such luck at finding a job. I have a few issues going on. First is I waited too long in getting my AZ Teaching Certificate finalized. Second, now Texas Education Agency has my paperwork and its arguably the busiest time of the year for them. Third, seems like even though I have a thorough and well-established work history, Texas doesn't see it as "credible enough". I haven't gotten replies from any of the positions I have applied for which is horribly unprofessional on their part while being passive on my part. I know I have the right to call and email to inquire as to how my paperwork is progressing but its irritating. It also usually means that once you call, they THEN remember to inform you you're not hired over the phone. Meh. Whatever...I'm going to keep trying! Try even harder. I just hate rejection. I honestly haven't ever had to experience so much of it. People usually look at my resume and are impressed. Not the case here. Don't know if its something about Texas or I've missed something.

Anywho, I'm sending it into the Universe a big thanks for everybody who has posted a "Freebie" on their blog. Everything I find is always so awesome and useful! Totally fantastic. I'll work on making my own stuff. Right now I'm making pamphlets to give to parents on how to build math, writing, and reading skills at home as well as how to make spelling fun at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment