Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Five Finger Rule Bookmarks

Wowza! Today I made bookmarks for the Five Finger Rule when kids are picking out their books! I have always seen it used and watched kids in the library reading a page while counting on their hand. Of course my mentor teacher didn't use any system for the kids to know when a book was too difficult besides telling them to their face that that they wouldn't be able to read that. It was always so sad watching them walk away with their shoulders hunched over. =0(

Anyways...so I made them! I bought a new laptop and it has the Windows 2013. I know a lot of people hate the new system and everything that comes with it but I have to say that it's features made this really easy to do.

This is what it looks like:

Five Finger Bookmark










I like the way it turned out! I made sure to use the number signs in American Sign Language because I do plan on teaching them a number of signs in whatever classroom I have.

Alright...thats it for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment